The American Medical Affiliation
surveyed its members between November and December of 2021 to look at their
present use of telehealth. As outliend within the “2021 Telehealth Survey Report“, the important thing
findings of the survey have been:
- Uptake. 85% of doctor use telehealth. 56% of respondents mentioned they imagine they’ll improve telehealth use of their practices.
- Mode. Most physicians utilizing telehealth use stay, interactive video visits (93%) however many nonetheless additionally complement this with audio-only visits (69%). Zoom is the commonest vidual platform with Doximity video and native EHR telehealth modules coming in subsequent.
- High quality. 60% of clinicians agree or strongly agree telehealth enabled them to offer top quality care.
- Distant monitoring. Solely 8% of respondents mentioned they used distant affected person monitoring applied sciences (e.g., smartphones (digital camera), blood strain cuffs, pulse oximeters, and physique weight scale). When distant monitoring was carried out, more often than not the knowledge was shared manually (by way of cellphone or e mail).
- Affected person entry. 80% of respondents point out sufferers have higher entry to care since utilizing telehealth and 62% imagine sufferers have larger satisfaction when telehealth is obtainable.
- Impression on value. There was no consensus on telehealth’s impression on value. Solely 44% of respondents believed that telehealth decreased prices of care.
- Boundaries. Key obstacles embody affected person entry to expertise/broadband, affected person digital literacy, and affected person preferences for in-person visits.
- How telehealth is valued. Most physicians worth telehealth based mostly on the way it impacts affected person satisfaction and entry to care. Medical outcomes, operational effectivity are much less related, reimbursement and price financial savings are much less vital.