The #1 cause why donors don’t submit matching reward requests is that they don’t know their employers supply such applications. Company giving could be a vital income for nonprofits, and selling these engagement alternatives to donors can considerably enhance your giving income. That’s why increasingly organizations like yours are crafting methods to drive this funding supply—together with advertising and marketing matching items in your digital communications.
The truth is, research present that mentioning matching items in fundraising appeals ends in a 71% enhance in response price and a 51% enhance within the common donation quantity. Not solely do matching reward applications double particular person donations, however in addition they encourage extra donors to offer within the first place and to extend their unique contribution. In the long run, that makes the matched reward bigger, too!
On this information, we’ll focus on a number of of probably the most impactful and environment friendly methods to tell donors about gift-matching applications by using digital communications. These sometimes embody:
Incorporating company giving into your digital outreach technique can put you on the trail to reaching your fundraising objectives in a fraction of the time. Let’s get began!
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With E-mail Signatures
Likelihood is that your group sends a ton of emails—together with fundraising messages, mission-related content material, and extra. However do you know that each message you ship may be a chance to advertise matching items? Simply use your e-mail signature!
An e-mail signature sometimes consists of a person’s private contact particulars, nonprofit info, and even a related picture or group emblem—but it surely’s additionally an excellent place to advertise matching items.
Finest practices for advertising and marketing matching items along with your e-mail signatures embody:
- Modifying the e-mail signatures for everybody in your membership and/or growth groups to advertise matching items.
- Linking to extra sources to which recipients can navigate to be taught extra about matching reward alternatives (resembling your devoted matching reward web page in your web site).
A easy blurb or a flashy graphic about company giving can enhance consciousness and be the wanted push for donors to take a fast 5 minutes to submit matching reward requests. It’s one of many best and most cost-effective methods to advertise matching items year-round.
Instance Content material:
- “Your donation could also be eligible for an identical reward out of your employer. Discover out at catrescueclub.com/matching-gifts/.”
- “Your membership contribution could also be eligible for an identical reward out of your employer. Discover out at doublethedonation.com/CRC/.”
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With Emails
E-mail outreach is a crucial element of digital communications and total fundraising. E-mail offers instantaneous outreach to donors, so you possibly can basically say, “Hello. What’s up? Have you considered matching items in the present day?” Then, folks can reply (or request their match!) simply as shortly.
Finest practices for advertising and marketing matching items along with your e-mail streams embody:
- Embedding a textual content hyperlink and a visible graphic inside your e-mail, directing readers to your matching reward web page.
- Encouraging supporters to carry out a search to see if their firm matches donations and entry the suitable types, pointers, and directions.
Snail mail merely can’t preserve tempo, and at $0.55 a stamp, why would you pay to gradual issues down?
A profitable e-mail advertising and marketing technique hinges on a well-paced, regular procession of the proper strikes somewhat than a reckless bombardment of emails. With sufficient house to put in writing a fast blurb and/or hyperlink to a full-length article, e-mail messages are an excellent place to coach donors about matching items.
Needless to say an e-mail or digital publication devoted to matching items is probably going going to be the simplest technique. Nonetheless, incorporating matching items in a bigger e-mail useful resource can work effectively, too. Loyal donors will seemingly learn your common emails, so it’s a very good place to supply in-depth details about the advantages of company giving.
Instance Content material:
- “Do you’re employed for a match-maker? Immediately discover out in case your employer will double and even triple your donation to the Nationwide Kidney Basis with a fast search of our on-line database!”
- “1000’s of firms will match donations made by their crew members, retirees, and even worker spouses. Search now to entry your employer’s matching reward types and full the straightforward, minutes-long course of to drive extra assist towards our trigger.”
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With Prewritten Articles
Organizations usually use on-line blogs to maintain supporters up to date on their efforts and inform the nonprofit’s story. Why not additionally make the most of your weblog to share methods for donors to double their donations, enabling your crew to maintain telling that story?
Weblog articles are an effective way to start out the dialog about company philanthropy, particularly the function that particular person donors can play. Contemplate telling in-depth tales in regards to the significance of matching items whereas educating folks on how one can submit the required types.
Finest practices for advertising and marketing matching items along with your prewritten articles embody:
- Posting insightful tales about matching items and the results the applications can carry your group’s mission.
- Incorporating a graphic that advertises matching items on the aspect of a weblog put up to assist enhance consciousness.
Many donors have by no means heard of matching reward and volunteer grant applications, so it’s essential to tell your supporters in regards to the alternatives. And with a purpose to evoke emotion and drive extra donors to take part, we suggest rigorously demonstrating the elevated impression that company giving can have.
Instance Content material:
- “Cat Rescue Membership raises $200,000 from Matching Presents and Saves 10,000 Extra Furry Mates!”
- Use this text subject to element how matching items present extra sources that may create alternatives that might in any other case not be potential. Make the story private and relatable so donors notice the significance of taking a mere 5 minutes to submit an identical reward request.
- “Company Worker Matching Reward Packages: What Are They and How Do They Profit Atlanta College?”
- Use this text subject to tell donors about matching reward fundamentals, from what matching items are to how they profit your group to how straightforward it’s to submit an identical reward request. Generally folks simply have to know that such applications exist!
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With Social Media
Folks flock to social media to find the web’s finest content material. Although you don’t want to provide viral posts day-after-day, you do want to supply compelling and fascinating info on a constant foundation. And among the most impactful content material you possibly can share has to do with company gift-matching alternatives!
There are almost as many social media shops as there are stars within the universe, so it’s finest to deal with actually optimizing your technique on just some websites. Relying in your group and its typical donor base, this would possibly embody Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn, and extra. Whatever the platforms you select, every networking website requires a nuanced strategy to get your info on the market and finest have interaction along with your viewers.
Finest practices for advertising and marketing matching items along with your social media platforms embody:
- Sharing academic sources about matching reward applications and the businesses that provide them.
- Participating your digitally savvy donors and volunteers and inspiring them to submit matching items.
- Scheduling messages on a recurring foundation as a solution to enchantment to supporters with out asking for an extra donation.
Whether or not or not you utilize a matching reward service, a easy tweet, Fb put up, or LinkedIn article can unfold the phrase about these applications to hundreds of donors.
Social media websites like these supply an effective way to maintain folks up-to-date in your nonprofit’s campaigns, inform your viewers about matching reward alternatives, and encourage donors to look into the method. Simply make sure to embody a direct hyperlink to a location the place customers can uncover extra info and the following steps!
Instance Content material:
- “It takes just some minutes to submit a company worker matching reward kind…have you ever submitted yours?”
- “What do Microsoft, Financial institution of America, IBM, and Verizon all have in widespread? Each matches donations made by their staff to nonprofit organizations. Many main employers supply related worker matching reward applications. Search atlantauniversity.edu/employer-matching-gifts/ to seek out out in case your employer provides one thing like this, in addition to to entry program pointers, how-to directions, and related types.”
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With SMS Outreach
One other type of digital communication that’s turning into more and more common amongst nonprofits and their donors is texting. The truth is, research present that SMS advertising and marketing stories common open and response charges of 98% and 45%, respectively. Consequently, textual content messaging, or SMS, could be a implausible solution to attain donors shortly and affordably utilizing direct advertising and marketing methods.
Finest practices for advertising and marketing matching items with SMS communications embody:
- Automating your group’s outgoing textual content messaging efforts to donors recognized as matching reward eligible.
- Retaining your texts brief and candy to get your message throughout shortly (sometimes 1,000 characters or much less).
- Using personalizable SMS templates and customizing names, donation quantities, using firms, and extra.
Fortunately, there are a selection of tech options designed to streamline and simplify the processes concerned with mass, pre-scheduled textual content messaging. For instance, Double the Donation makes use of programmable communications firm, Twilio to supply automated matching reward textual content advertising and marketing companies for its enterprise purchasers.
Instance Content material:
- “David, thanks on your beneficiant donation of $200 to the Cat Rescue Membership. Do you know that your reward is probably going eligible for a company match from Johnson & Johnson? View your employer’s matching reward pointers and types right here!”
- “Have you ever submitted your matching reward request on your most up-to-date contribution? Get your donation doubled and enhance the impression dropped at Atlanta College.”
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With Begin / Finish-of-Yr Reminders
Matchable donations have restricted lifespans, so you should promote matching items to eligible donors earlier than the clock runs. In different phrases, a supporter can’t donate in 2018 and submit an identical reward request for that donation in 2022.
Though program specifics range by firm, most firms adhere to one of many following varieties of requirements for matching reward submission deadlines:
- A set variety of months from the date of the donation (the usual is one yr, although it will probably vary from one to 12 months)
- The tip of the calendar yr
- The tip of January or February within the yr following when the donation was made
That’s why year-end and new-year appeals may be such an effective way to remind donors about impending matching reward deadlines.
Finest practices for advertising and marketing matching items along with your begin or end-of-year reminders embody:
- Offering context about matching reward applications and the significance of submitting matching reward requests earlier than it’s too late.
- Stressing that beforehand made donations are sometimes eligible to be matched for as much as a yr after being submitted.
- Ramping up your matching reward advertising and marketing efforts with elevated communications through the year-end giving season.
- Using social media as an effective way to unfold the phrase to your supporters and attain the widest audiences potential.
- Optimizing communications by staying up-to-date in your donors’ employers and their particular deadline necessities.
When you ought to actually be encouraging donors to submit matching reward requests on the time of the donation, many firms have an prolonged grace interval. The tip/begin of every new yr is a implausible alternative to remind all donors that there should still be time to submit an identical reward.
Don’t miss out on a closing probability to double donations from the yr!
Instance Content material:
- “Did you donate to us this yr? There’s nonetheless time to submit an identical reward request out of your employer—submit your match right here earlier than the tip of the yr!”
- “Many matching reward firms supply a several-month grace interval within the yr following the yr a donation was made. Now, many deadlines are shortly approaching on the finish of January and February! Learn how to entry your employer’s pointers and full your match request right here.”
Nonprofits want each greenback they will seize, and matching items are an efficient solution to enhance fundraising with out demanding an excessive amount of out of donors. Step one is just making donors conscious of the alternatives—and among the best methods to take action is by advertising and marketing matching items in your digital communications.
Whether or not you promote matching reward alternatives in your on-line newsletters, social media posts, or emails (or a mixture of the entire above), digital outreach lets you showcase matching items in a easy and inexpensive but nonetheless efficient manner.
Prepare to maximise your matching reward funding! Discover our different urged academic sources on the subject beneath: